By Evan Vitale
The holidays will be upon us soon and, for many, the need for extra income becomes an extra financial burden when it comes to purchasing gifts for friends and family members.
Many stay within their means; abide by their budget and buy as their budget allows.
Therefore, our next two blogs offer some suggestions when it comes to gift-giving for the upcoming holidays:
- Obtaining a part-time job for extra income (next week’s blog).
- Being more creative with less expensive gifts.
Remember, no matter what you give to someone during the holidays, it’s the thought that counts. If you are going to purchase something, keep the individual in mind and – more importantly – keep your budget in mind!
Inside of buying a gift, here are some great ideas:
- Consider making him or her a personal photo album. Photos are always appreciated, even more so when you take the time to collect and organize them in a way that will remind the person of a place you visited together or of a family member or event. This is a very inexpensive and impressive gift that anyone would enjoy. It’s always appreciated.
- Get those creative juices flowing and make a gift basket. Again, include things in the basket that the receiver would enjoy: their favorite candy, snacks, fruit, beverage, etc. Including some baked goods (baked by you) are also appreciated. There’s no limit to what you can create and bundle together to make a personal gift basket. And, yes, men enjoy receiving gift baskets as well!
- Purchase a small gift and include with it a poem or a story about the person. If the recipient is your romantic better half, you could also buy a series of inexpensive gifts and bundle them together. Think: The 12 Days of Christmas and give the person a “pear” on the first day of Christmas, chocolate turtles (for turtle doves) on the second day of Christmas, etc. Very clever!
- Make something. If you sew; knit or have good woodworking skills, start now by making someone a personal (and unique) gift. Your costs will be very inexpensive, but the gift would be extremely appreciated!
Get those creative ideas going now and get started working on your gifts!